Lasix Pill 40mg Over the Counter
Summary below focuses on cases of Lasix use, lists down its key advantages, and shares side effects that may appear throughout the period of treatment with Lasix.
Overall Background of Lasix
Lasix (Furosemide) belongs to a segment of medications called loop diuretics (water pills). Furosemide is used to aid in treating fluid retention (edema) and swelling caused by liver conditions, congestive failure of heart, kidney condition and other associated diseases. It functions through interaction with kidneys to enhance the flow of urine.
In addition, Furosemide can be taken on its own or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure (hypertension), which influences the arteries and heart.
Price of Lasix
|Name||Manufacturer||Active ingredient||Brands||Dosage forms||Strengths||Price, USD|
|Lasix||Aventis Pharma Limited / Geno Pharmaceuticals Limited / Medibest Pharma Pvt. Ltd.||Furosemide||Lasix / Frusenex / Frusemide||Tablet||40mg||$0.42|
|Lasix||Aventis Pharma Limited / Geno Pharmaceuticals Limited / Medibest Pharma Pvt. Ltd.||Furosemide||Lasix / Frusenex / Frusemide||Tablet||100mg||$0.66|
Suitable Dosage and Administration
Lasix requires administration in precise agreement with prescription of your healthcare specialist to enhance your well-being within short time period. Do not change the prescribed dosage, frequency of use, and the treatment period. Lasix cannot treat high blood pressure, but rather helps to control it. Stick to prescribed administration in order to decrease your blood pressure and keep it at low levels.
The oral liquid needs to be measured via measuring spoon with markings, oral syringe, or medicine cup. If you have been prescribed with sucralfate (Carafate), then it needs to be taken 2 hours after or 2 hours before Furosemide, since it can stop proper functionality of Furosemide (Lasix).
Lasix dosage is linked to its strength. Moreover, total doses per day, permitted time between every dose, and the treatment length fluctuate depending on specific medical condition that requires treatment.
Oral administration types (oral solution or tablets) involve the dosage, such as:
- Adults — for the start, 20 – 80 milligrams (mg) once a day as a single dose or divided in to 2 equivalent doses to be administered twice per day. Your doctor still can change your dose whenever required.
- Children — dosage varies depending on body weight and requires confirmation with doctor. The starting dose is commonly 2 milligrams (mg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight per day as a single dose. The dosage is still subject to alteration by your doctor, when necessary, but cannot exceed 6 mg per kg of body weight per day.
High blood pressure treatment:
- Adults — for the start, 40 milligrams (mg) two times per day. Your doctor can change your dosage when required
- Children — usage and dosage require confirmation by healthcare professional
Recommended List of Side Effects and Precautions
Lasix may also cause some undesirable effects, which every patient should know about of and be ready to take suitable actions, or ask for instant medical assistance. Inform your doctor immediately if any of the following appear:
- chest pain
- severe fever
- general weakness/tiredness feeling
- severe headache
- pain around side or lower back
- pain and/or complications with urination
- shortness of breath
- throat soreness
- ulcers, white spots or sores around lips or in the mouth
- pain or swelling of glands
- tightness sensations in the chest
- irregular bleeding or bruising
- irregular tiredness or weakness
Lasix may cause irregular loss of potassium for you or your infant (hypokalemia), which may occur during liver disease (e.g., cirrhosis), alternatively, when Lasix is taken in conjunction with adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), steroids (cortisone-like drugs), large volumes of licorice, or during a protracted time period.
Lasix may cause increase of blood sugar percentage. Hereby, all patients with diabetes who face certain alterations in test results of their blood sugar or urine, require instant consultation with their healthcare professional.