Generic Ventolin Buy Online
Comprehensive summary discusses effectiveness of Ventolin in treatment of bronchospasm and reversible obstructive airways condition, compares pros and cons, and lists down vital precautions during treatment.
Ventolin General Information
Ventolin (generic name: Albuterol Inhalation) originates from a bronchodilator sector of drugs, which target provision of relaxation in muscles of airways and improvement of air flow in lungs. Ventolin is used to treat or prevent bronchospasm in patients with reversible obstructive airways diseases. Ventolin is also taken for prevention of bronchospasms resulted from exercising.
Hence, it is vital to have Ventolin next to you at all times and make sure that medicine is refilled prior to fully finishing. Patients are allowed to take other medicines based on prescription from healthcare professional.
price of Ventolin
|Name||Manufacturer||Active ingredient||Brands||Dosage forms||Strengths||Price, USD|
|Ventolin||Cipla Limited||Albuterol (salbutamol)||Asthalin||Tablet||2mg||$0.50|
|Ventolin||Cipla Limited||Albuterol (salbutamol)||Asthalin||Tablet||4mg||$0.56|
|Ventolin Inhaler||GlaxoSmithKline Plc||Albuterol (salbutamol)||Ventolin||Tablet||100mcg||$14.99|
Dosage and use of Ventolin are directly linked to the sickness, its severity and age of patient. Ventolin generally comes in inhaler, spray and syrup form, and each form is applicable for treatment of a specific health condition. The full list of application and associated dosages can be received from pharmacist.
- General dosage for adults to treat severe Asthma:
Intravenous infusion solution:
- Dilute 5 mL of Ventolin (1000 mcg/mL) in 500 mL of Sodium Chloride and Dextrose, or Sodium Chloride Injection.
- Infusion rate starts with 5 mcg/min with further increment till 10 mcg/min and 20 mcg/min, that should be administered with 15 – 30-minutes intervals, if required.
Nebulizer inhalation solution:
- Take 2.5 mg of Ventolin 3 – 4 times a day by nebulization, while maintaining around 5 – 15 minutes intervals.
- Intravenous infusion solution:
The treatment above is used in such cases as: treatment of status asthmaticus; provision of relief during severe bronchospasm, associated with severe exacerbations arising from Bronchial Asthma, Chronic Bronchitis, severe Bronchospasm attack etc.
Common paediatric dose to cure severe Asthma:
Capsules and inhalation powder:
4 years or old:
- Inhalation powder: 1 – 2 inhalations (90 or 180 mcg) with intervals of 4 – 6 hours;
- Inhalation capsules: 1 inhalation (200 mcg) with intervals of 4 – 6 hours, with total dosage per day not exceeding 4 inhalations (800 mcg).
- 4 years old and below: not allowed;
- 4 years or old:
Nebulizer inhalation solution:
- 2 years old and below: not allowed;
2 – 12 years old:
- Body weight of 15 kg and below: 0.1 – 0.15 mg/kg/dose by nebulization. The correct volume of the 0.5% inhalation solution needs to be diluted in a sterile normal saline solution containing a total volume of 3 mL before use. Dosage should not be above 2.5 mg, and is to be taken 3 – 4 times per day;
- Body weight of 15 kg and above: 2.5 mg to be taken 3 – 4 times per day by nebulization, during 5 – 15 minutes. The 0.5% inhalation solution needs to be diluted in 2.5 mL of sterile normal saline solution;
13 years old and older:
- Inhalation solution 0.5% (5 mg/mL): 2.5 mg (0.5 mL needs to be diluted in 2.5 mL of sterile saline solution) to be taken 3 – 4 times per day by nebulization, during 5 – 15 minutes.
- Capsules and inhalation powder:
Treatment method above is used in cases of: bronchospasm relief in patients with severe bronchospasm attacks and reversible obstructive airways condition.
Ventolin Side Effects
Seek for immediate medical assistance if any of the following allergic reactions appear within treatment cycle with Ventolin:
- Breathing difficulties
- Swelling around throat, face, lips, tongue etc
Contact your healthcare professional without hesitation if any severe side effects listed below appear:
- Pain in chest, together with pounding, fast or abnormal heartbeats
- Bronchospasms (i.e., tightness in chest area, breathing complications, wheezing), specifically just after using Ventolin
- Reduced potassium levels (i.e., irregular heart rate, recurrent urination, general confusion, abnormal thirst, weakness in muscles, discomfort feeling in legs)
- Overall nervousness or tremors
- Unusually high blood pressure (i.e., severe headache, blurry vision, recurring anxiety, buzzing noises in ears, pain in chest, general confusion, repeated seizures, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeats)
Patients are advised not to take Ventolin when allergic reactions related to Albuterol occur. To be confident that Ventolin is safe for use, you should discuss with your healthcare professional if any of conditions listed below appear:
- Heart-associated diseases, congestive failure of heart, high blood pressure
- Heart arrhythmia
- A seizure disorder (e.g., epilepsy)
- Overactive Thyroid
Ventolin is characterized by FDA in pregnancy category C. However, there is no clear confirmation if Ventolin can exert any potential harm to an unborn child. Hence, it is really vital to discuss with your healthcare specialist if you are already pregnant or have plans to become pregnant during the anticipated treatment cycle with Ventolin.
There is no strong evidence supporting the ability of Albuterol to transmit into breast milk or result in any sort of harm to a nursing infant. Likewise, patients should not breastfeed within duration of Albuterol treatment cycle. Ventolin HFA inhaler should be kept away from direct reach of kids of 4 years old and below.